When everything in life’s a mess and I just don’t know what to do there is one place that I always seem to go back to…….my couch. Throughout all my heart breaks and tough times I know that the one place that I always feel comfortable and safe.
During my first big blow out with you know who I basically lived on my couch for a week. I stayed there during the days and usually didn’t have the energy or will power to walk back to my bed at night so I just would stay there. Something about being on the couch makes me feel like I am being semi-social because I am not holed up in my room. Maybe its just all a ruse that I am pretending that I am social because I am able to be seen. I endlessly will watch netflix to keep my mind off of things, or sometimes I will watch things to punish myself.
People sometimes drop by in attempts to lure me off the couch, my friend Lauren is one of these people. She will come over and catch me crying to a sappy love story and snap me out of it, doing whatever she can to make me smile. Kelli comes in and checks on me frequently to make sure that I am ok and give me a hug. Kel and I are neither very “huggy” people but as roommates that have been friends for over a decade she always knows when I might need one.
During my first big blow out with you know who I basically lived on my couch for a week. I stayed there during the days and usually didn’t have the energy or will power to walk back to my bed at night so I just would stay there. Something about being on the couch makes me feel like I am being semi-social because I am not holed up in my room. Maybe its just all a ruse that I am pretending that I am social because I am able to be seen. I endlessly will watch netflix to keep my mind off of things, or sometimes I will watch things to punish myself.
People sometimes drop by in attempts to lure me off the couch, my friend Lauren is one of these people. She will come over and catch me crying to a sappy love story and snap me out of it, doing whatever she can to make me smile. Kelli comes in and checks on me frequently to make sure that I am ok and give me a hug. Kel and I are neither very “huggy” people but as roommates that have been friends for over a decade she always knows when I might need one.
As Kel attempts to lure me off the couch she knows she is in for a battle. The couch the place that I don’t have to get up, I don’t have to eat, and I don’t have to get dressed. It’s always comfortable and reassuring and it’s okay if I just want to sit there and ball my eyes out. Damn everyone needs a place like that.
I have to say I love this one the best! The couch is a good place!
ReplyDelete