I have been without a significant other most of my adult life. I am so talented at this that sometimes I will have someone and they are very far away, or that they are just my very complicated friend. It’s pretty much to the point that my parents just assume that I am dating guys that I let them around and I think believe I am lying that they are not my boyfriend.
My family started going on family vacations again in the past few years, I happen to be the youngest of three and the only one who is single (oh yeah no kids either). I travel alone and meet everyone on these trips. Because I don’t have a family or someone I always get to bunk in the hotel room with my parents. The best is when it’s time to take pictures and my mom has us all do the group shot together, then we break off into individual families, then mom my lets me know it’s my turn and I get to stand alone (sometimes my nieces and nephews jump into the shots to make me feel a little better).
I guess at the holiday is another time that it’s no fun being the single person. Up until this year I have never had a date for a Christmas Party at work, I have never been with that special someone at New Years, and only once ever have a had a date on Valentine’s Day. This holiday season I didn’t feel all alone for the first time in a long time, and even though we weren’t “dating” we had a relationship that closely resembled something of that.
Now, I must say though I am DAMN lucky to have some pretty awesome friends. Without these people in my life I probably would have lost my mind. When my world crashes down I have a whole slew of friends that I could call crying and they will help me to get though things. I have best friends that when I am sick with a 102 temp and the flu they will drive me to the pharmacy and urgent care, and people that will bring me food and fluids. They provide me with an escape when I can’t face the day and get a ways when I need them. So when your all alone and need a party at least you can call a few friends and they will help you make one.
No comments:
Post a Comment