When I moved to Conway, South Carolina in 1999 I was a completely different person than the girl you know today. Don’t get me wrong some things about me have not and will never change but many things have. I don’t know if I have ever told anyone this but when I came to college I hadn’t ever even kissed a boy, never been on a real date, and was completely lost. I didn’t know who I was, I just knew that it wasn’t who I wanted to be.
I can’t even tell you who my first kiss was, probably some random guy from college. I don’t remember what boy took me on my first real date. But in the blink of an eye I could remember what it was like to be with any of those few that broke my heart. I could recall all the fun times that we had together and I could tell you exactly what happened when they broke my heart into a million pieces.

This past year I turned 30 years old. And in so many ways I have probably changed more in the past 12 months than I have changed in my entire life. I noticed this fact a lot in people that I don’t see as often when we finally get the chance to catch up. Some of my friendships in this time have gotten stronger like mine with Kelli, and others seem to be harder and harder to keep in touch with. I learned to have a little more fun, I learned to loosen up a bit and getting a little better at standing up for myself (even when it
gets me into trouble). Maybe I am getting a little closer to who I am supposed to be.
(Pictures last year then this year Halloween, my Birthday and my Christmas party)


No comments:
Post a Comment